With the arrival of summer, you increasingly want to spend time outdoors, in the open air, and not everyone will have a drink on a terrace. That is why a picnic is a good alternative. It is a plan both to do as a couple, as a family, or with friends. You should look for the right place to go for your picnic.
There are top UK picnic destinations you can opt for that will grant you the best experience. Picnics work at any time of the day, from breakfast to lunch, snack, or even dinner, since the sun takes longer to set. There are several things you should keep in mind to organize the best picnic.
What Do You Need to Bring to a Picnic?
- A basket. The truth is that it is more comfortable carrying things in a backpack if you have to walk a lot to the picnic place. Also, let’s face it, who has a wicker basket these days?
- Isothermal fridge or cooler bags to keep drinks cool. It is better if they are plastic bottles and not glass. They weigh less.
- Plates, cutlery, and glasses. Plastic ones weigh less. It is a picnic, not a backpacking trip.
- Take the food in tightly closed tuppers so that it does not spill and that insects cannot access.
- Of course, the cloth tablecloth. A classic.
- Bottle opener. Although if you don’t have any, there are alternatives.
- Garbage bag to collect what we all the dirt and liter from the aftermath. First of all, civility is essential.
What to Eat in a Picnic?
This is a matter of taste, but the idea is to enjoy the day, so you don’t complicate your life. It is best to bring meals that do not require great preparation. Fruit, sandwiches, salads, maybe some quiche or a potato omelet; A great option is to bring snacks based on nuts, cheeses and sausages to eat with some bread, so you don’t need to use cutlery, even easier!
When it comes to drinks, if your picnic includes children, fill the cooler with water and juices. If it is a question of a meeting with friends, there are already soft drinks, beers, or whatever you want. If, on the other hand, you know that it is going to make something cool, you can include coffee in your basket in a thermos to keep it warm. Look for a cool place that is free from insects.